Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Monumental Day (in the making)

Today we finally did it: we ordered a monument (aka headstone) for Nathan's grave. Only about five years after the fact, but what's five years to a rock? Since I was chosen to go order it, I chose what it will say. I will probably post a picture of it whenever it's done sometime eight or more weeks from now. I remember going to look at monuments way back when, and as I happened to have Lydia with me today, it reminded me that I probably had Amanda with me then. Only that time I didn't actually make up my mind about it. As checklist items go, this is definitely one of the odder ones I've had to do, but I will say it's nice to have it almost out of the way. I went to see the grave afterward since I was at the cemetery anyway. I've always found it before by the monument next to it. Today I realized I wasn't sure which side of that monument the grave I was looking for was on. So, I guess we really did need to get one after all. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for financing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment